With heating and cooling needed almost every day of the year, then HVAC companies are essential all the time. With central heating and cooling systems in almost every home, HVAC maintenance is the best service needed regularly to keep your system in working order.
HVAC Services Offered
Maybe it is summer and your AC is fried. Or, it could be winter and there is just no way to get your home warm enough. That is when it’s time to call HVAC contractors for service and repairs. However, there is something even better that can help to prevent those emergency calls at the oddest times. Preventative HVAC maintenance is the best way to help keep everything running smoothly and have your system last as long as possible. It will also help save energy and cut costs while increasing the life of your system.
The Value of HVAC Maintenance
There is much to be said for the service and maintenance of your HVAC system. Starting from the point that it improves its life and performance, there is a great deal to account for heating and cooling and how they make up the electricity and energy usage in your home:
- Regular maintenance to HVAC systems is shown to make them last 40% longer.
- Changing the filter every two to three months can greatly improve the efficiency of your HVAC system.
- Five percent of electricity produced nationally is from air conditioners, about $11 billion annually.
Additional Reasons for HVAC Maintenance
During any season, HVAC maintenance is important. Depending on the region of the country where you are located, certain HVAC repairs may happen more often, so certain preventative maintenance may be more important in different places. Considering the fact that heating usually takes up over 40% of a home’s annual utility bills, efficiency and savings are two issues with positive potential. Some tips on increasing the efficiency of your existing furnace include:
- U.S. regulations require furnaces in northern states to have 90% efficiency and 80% in the south.
- Proper insulation can help increase the efficiency of your HVAC system up to 30%.
- Quality air sealing and thermostat settings can help lower energy bills by about 30%, in addition to insulation.
Finally, it is important to start with HVAC maintenance, as the cost of system replacement is usually one that is not easy to anticipate, often thousands that you may not be prepared for. While all of these things are important, like saving money and reducing emissions, you can prevent that incredible expense of replacing a unit during the worst of times. So, contact your HVAC companies seasonally for service to keep things running effectively.